Monday, January 19, 2009

My project

I'm trying to become more familiar with my sewing machine and my inner crafty person (I know you're in there somewhere). I just finished a blanket for this baby. It's made of fleece and flannel and I cannot wait to snuggle her up in it. Delicious!

The dark purple is the back. The squares don't line up perfectly, but I'm pretty proud of my first attempt. I haven't decided if I'm going to tie it or not. I tried sewing some seams (?) in it, but the fabric kept catching.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! You are SO crafty lil' sis!

Meredith said...

Beautiful! My mom was here this weekend with her sewing machine, and I started to think that I should have one. If I had one, I'd have to experiment with it, right? And that's how one learns. Way to go, Meghan. I might as well follow in your footsteps with this one, too!

I hope you guys are feeling better. You can surely blame us for even *thinking* about visiting. And we'll be ready to catch it in a few days, I suppose... (God, please, no...!)

Lindsey said...

Great job, Meghan!!! And way to go on your eating our fast. You're probably saving a lot of calories, in addition to all the cash saved!