Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chilled!

We currently have a windchill of -45 degrees today with a regular temp of -22 degrees. Schools are canceled (except for Universities-go figure) and the general consensus is that you have to be a little bit crazy to even consider going anywhere today. We're not canceling school today since I have a feeling we will be on "school-light" mode here in a few weeks, but I did declare today a pajama day! We are all in fleece pjs and I can not imagine getting out of them. Just one more reason I love homeschooling! :-)

An another note:
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. I was a little anxious to go due to some issue surrounding glucose, etc..., but that part turned out alright. This little girl, however, gave us a little start when her heartbeat was extremely accelerated. She finally calmed down by the end of the appointment and my doctor was happy to send me on my way, but there was a little bit of a concern there for awhile. Kids these day! Geesh!

WARNGING: Possibly TMI following
Because of the accelerated heartbeat my doctor did want to go ahead and check me to make sure I wasn't dilating too much. I am currently 1 cm and 20% effaced...so...really, nothing to report there which is fine since this little gal is not done growing just yet.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Temps??? I can. not. even. fathom! (English major, please don't disown me for typing that.)

Wow on the hb thing. My midwife had a patient's baby do that, and my mw was just so sure it was because of caffiene (and she really wanted me to have NONE). I don't know. There was no explination in that other woman's case, either, and she had a high level u/s because of it.

I hope you are well, your baby dear is as healthy and happy as can be, and getting ready for a swift and smooth entrance into the world! God bless!