Ya know how when one prays for patience, instead of getting a nice dose of it wrapped in pretty paper and dropped off at your doorstep, one usually is gifted with extra patience-needy circumstances in which one can practice one's newly "acquired" patience?
That's been the story of my Lent. Since the beginning of Lent I've had sick kids, which means little sleep, which means little patience...for all of us. It also means a desire for coffee, which ironically I'm not drinking during Lent. All of this adds up and makes for some "bare minimum" living around here which makes for a stressed out mom. A stressed out mom throws less-than-appetizing meals together for her family which makes for cranky kids, which makes for a more stressed out mom, which makes for a need to pray for patience.
Rinse. Wash. Repeat.
2 comments:
Breathe....gooosfraaahbaaah. :)
I have lately started praying for God to "lead me not into temptation" to begin with. Looking forward to hashing this out in person! Hang in there....
Post a Comment