Friday, October 3, 2008

A First

As I write this Brett is on his way to pick Aidan up from his first ever "Ninja Party". The Martial Arts Academy where he takes karate has one every year. Aidan has been looking forward to this for weeks now. They could only have a certain number of kids sign up for the event and Aidan was thrilled when we signed him up right away. We won't discuss the amount of money that this three hour "Parents Night Out" (uh....I guess that's for those who don't have two younger kids) cost. Let's say it's time for me to get my eyes checked because I never could see the amount on the poster from the door and I missed a significant part of the number. Oh well! It was totally worth it to see our oldest, feeling like such a big kid (yet obviously a little nervous because that's his style when doing new things) walk in and see how they had decorated the place. I hope he had a great time. His sisters, even after a rougher day than normal of being tortured by their big brother, missed him soooooo much. Emma kept saying, "I miss Aidan. He's my best friend." She has such a sweet heart. If the owners of the academy did their job I should have an extremely tired, almost 7 year-old boy walking in my door any minute now.

No comments: