Friday, October 24, 2008

So far, so good!

Today marks the end of our first quarter of homeschooling for the year. Yahoo!!! Only 8 more weeks until we are on Christmas break with Brett home and more hot chocolate to drink than should be legal. I am happy to announce that we are on schedule or ahead with regard to the kids' school work. I have been extremely diligent this first quarter and hopefully will continue through the second quarter so when this little girl decides to make her appearance I can guiltlessly take as much time off as I want. I see a lot of unstructured, independent "study" in my children's future! :-)

The house is relatively clean (okay, so only the bathrooms are "disinfected clean" but I will be mopping the floor later today so that counts) so we are going to head out to the library. When we return we will be baking pumpkin muffins, the kids are going to watch "Peter Pan" because we just finished reading the original "Peter Pan and Wendy", Emma has ballet, and then hopefully Brett will make an appearance for the evening and a game of Stratego with Aidan.

This weekend we are teaching our first NFP class since being recertified, Brett has a bazillion concerts (okay, just one, but a ton of rehearsals...well, two...but, but, but....). It won't be a relaxing weekend by any stretch of the imagination, but oh well, what can ya do?

No comments: