I keep in touch with a college friend of mine through her blog. I'm not sure if she reads mine, but I read hers. I just read this morning that her husband passed away while serving in Iraq. He had recently had an emergency appendectomy, and from what Amy said, was give little to no recovery time before he was sent back to work. She and her oldest child, Kelsi (8), were talking to him through an internet phone connection when he collapsed. She knew very little about what happened and then two soldiers came to her door the next morning (Sunday morning) to deliver the horrible news that he had passed away.
Please keep Amy and her children in your prayers. She's my age (as was Geoff) and has four precious children who are going to be missing their daddy more than I could ever imagine.
2 comments:
That is the most terrible thing that I have ever heard! Please pass along my condolences. Oh, that is just my WORST nightmare. . .to lose a husband too young and with young kids. . .my heart and prayers go out to her and her family!
:*( That is so sad! I'm saying a prayer for her.
Post a Comment