Thursday, August 28, 2008

How long will they last?

That is the question on my mind tonight in regards to our little friends in the backyard. It has rained hard the past two days. At the end of the storm this afternoon I went out to investigate and the squirrel's hole was full of water and three of them were sticking their little noses out to breathe. Tonight they were all breathing and moving (5 is the latest count) and the water had receded, and then it dumped on us again. I'm not sure how much of that they can take. I'm hesitant to come to their aid in fear that I would mess something up and end up making their little lives harder. It just seems awfully late in the summer (it's practically fall up here) to have just been born. I'm not sure there is much of a chance of them surviving the winter, but we'll see.

No comments: