Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tradition!

Brett and I have started a new tradition around here. Sunday night "date night". This came about after a 12+ hour car ride and, uh, shall we say "discussion". Yes, we'll call it a "discussion". We don't have many of these "discussions" so after 8 years of marriage we were probably due for a good "discussion". Anyway, we came to the conclusion that we really aren't taking time out for one another. There are plenty of marriage groups around here that we can utilize, but they are just not our style. However, Sunday night "date night" is our style. It consists of putting precious children to bed a little earlier while Brett is whipping up a fantastic creation of some sort in the kitchen, and then we eat after the kids are in bed and we have some time to focus on each other. Two weeks down! So far, so good.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Glad to hear it's going well! Hope you had a great evening together!

Lindsey said...

Yes! Great, you guys so deserve it!

We are having a date night too. Steaks, baby! On the grill, AFTER the kids go to bed (they are being served cheese hot dogs that night...hehehe). It's all on paper on our weekly dinner menu so it going to happen (sunday night)! I bought a bottle of wine, too.

Chad said...

Good for you guys! We haven't set up anything "offical" but that sounds like a good idea--something to look forward to. I might have a hard time staying awake though--just a couple weeks left in that exhausting, nauseating 1st trimester, I can't wait!!! I think we're starting school next Tuesday when Chad does--that will get the whole family back on a schedule at once. It will either work out beautifully or be a complete disaster--I guess we'll see which it is!!! BTW--I didn't even notice your typo at first, and I'm teaching my kids too, so don't feel bad! LOL!