As I was tucking Emma into bed tonight she said, "I just had a marvelous time hiking today, I wish we can do it again, and again, and again." ????????? Okay, what child is this again? Well, I'll explain.
Our hikes as a family are slower than we would like and filled with more whining than we would like...mainly coming from the 4 (almost 5) year-old. The hikes we do are generally more kid-friendly. Some are very long, but not difficult by any means. Emma is happy for about 43% of these hikes.
Today we went deer scouting again. Brett is really trying to become familiar with the area so we can hopefully have a freezer full of yummy and "free" meat. In the past we have driven around and Brett looks out the window and then we find a path of some sort in the woods to hike. Not a well-worn path, but a path. Well, today we found a great patch of public land and a place to park, but no trail except for a very thin one made by the very animals my husband hopes to shoot this winter...yummy! :-) We were really hiking...bushwhacking if you will....and Emma was loving every minute of it! Stepping on branches, falling in holes, getting whopped in the face by a tree limb that "escaped" the grip of her brother! We all had a fantastic time. So, it isn't that Emma doesn't like hiking...she's just tougher than we thought! Those trails? For wimps...she wants the real deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment