Wanna know what happened to our baby squirrels over night? They turned into BABY RABBITS!!!! Yes, that's right. We have baby rabbits living in a hole in the middle of our yard. This makes so much more sense than squirrels living in a hole in the *ground*. I could never quite figure that one out and I just blamed it on stupid parenting...lol!
This mystery is piecing itself together slowly. The babies do not look like rabbits yet because their ears are pinned back, their eyes are not opened, and they hardly have any fur. I did some more research online though, and they are definitely baby rabbits! Wild rabbit mommies will often build a nest in a hole in the middle of some body's yard to protect it because it's not as obvious to predators. She's out there right now fixing up her nest yet again since a lot of it was washed away by the rain last night.
This is getting quite interesting!
4 comments:
Now that's a metamorphosis!
You don't have any ugly ducklings waddling nearby do you? ;) Good to talk to you yesterday!
God bless,
JF
Hahahhahahahaha!!!
And to think that YOU are responsible for molding young minds. . .scary thought. :-)
Hope they make it. I found the same thing mowing our lawn a few weeks ago. She gave birth in the middle of our yard when our dog was in the hospital. I built a wooden cover for them with a little hole for the momma to get in and out. Our returning dog must have kept her away, though--she never came back. She should have had them under our porch, that's where rabbits always run when our dog chases them.
BL aka Flairboy
Post a Comment