After our homeschool day is finished the kids will often enroll themselves in what they call "Emma School". It's quite an institution! Emma runs downstairs where our "not in use" school books are, and finds her lesson for the day. The kids disappear for hours and emerge from our schoolroom with new information and oftentimes a craft that Emma has thought up for them to do. I've often contemplated handing the schooling over to Emma entirely.
One evening Emma School was in session and I had a petition for some bed sheets. After I was assured that they would not be cut, glued, or stapled I granted their request. Apparently they were learning about Ancient Greece. For the rest of the night, the four Greeks stretched to flute playing and competed in various Olympic sports. What a night!
I get such a kick out of the lessons Emma provides for her pupils. I have to say that I no longer worry about the holes I may leave in their education. Emma more than makes up for it. Gianna will at times tell me some random fact that I'm surprised she knows. When questioned she'll reply, "Oh, I learned it in Emma School".
3 comments:
Wow! This is awesome, and amazing! Thanks for sharing, with pictures. I could only wish my children would play like this. Wonderful.
Emma is awesome!! I love this! Isaac talks sometimes about how they played school or "poor people." He's very fond of Emma.
How great is that. Rich & I love it! Love the learning, family closeness, leadership, etc. that is taking place!
Post a Comment