Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Snow! Snow! Snow!

We finally were hit with a snowstorm. Yippeeee! We woke up to a little more than 1/2 foot of snow! Oh, beautiful snow! Oh, wonderful snow! Hmmm, maybe those aren't the "O, Antiphons" that so many in the Church are praying this time of year.

Schools are closed today, our school was closed anyway. We were supposed to look at a couple of houses this morning, but we'll happily (and safely) put that off until tomorrow when the roads are better. I feel a little wimpy cancelling since if we do move out of town we'll have to drive on some snowy roads, but I also know that we'll be much better equipped, and we probably would not take the whole family out on a day like this. Brett would jump in his junky, yet ever faithful, 4-wheel drive and head to work and we would stay warm and snug in our home in the woods. Of course, we don't have a home in the woods yet, but one can dream, can't one?

I have a feeling that this morning will consist of a rushed breakfast followed by four kids bundling themselves up as fast as they can and I might not see them until lunch. It's already 27 degrees outside so they won't get too cold...just snowy and wet!

I've been working on getting pictures organized to continue work on my scrapbook. It's that whole nesting thing. I'm on September of 2003 when precious Emma just came into our lives. It's been fun looking at pictures of our time in Texas. We all look so happy and so warm. I miss those times, I miss our friends down there, but I think we are where we need to be. I'm a northerner at heart. Born and raised in the north, and it's mornings like this that remind me just how much I love it up here!

No comments: