Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Feast of Immaculate Conception Daybook

For Today:

December 8, 2010
Outside my window...The sun is out which means that it's too cold for us to be! Brrrr....We have a nice layer of snow on the ground and some more in the forecast for the next day or so. I love snow. Have I mentioned that before?
I am thankful for...A vehicle that is usually reliable. My "reliable" vehicle is currently in the shop and we are therefore stranded at home. I wouldn't mind this so much if I had gone to the grocery store when I was supposed to. However, I didn't and now I have to be extremely creative in the food front until I get my car back.
From the learning rooms...The kids are petitioning for a day off since it's a Holy Day. So far they've gotten their way. We went to Mass this morning and now the kids are watching a sweet movie of songs that a dear friend got us for Emma's Baptism. We haven't watched it for a long time and I thought it would be a special treat for this Feast Day!
From the kitchen...Well...we won't starve.
I am wearing...Crazy flared black pants and a red shirt with a black cardigan over it. There's a nice protruding baby belly too. I love wearing that!
I am creating...A grocery list (notice a theme here?) for my sweet, super stressed, yet ever helpful husband (and he doesn't even read my blog so I don't "have" to say those things). Our second "car" is hardly helpful when we are only down to one. It's a beater of a truck that Brett uses for hunting and only the two oldest kids can ride with him since they don't need car seats. So in the midst of the second busiest week of the semester he is going to taxi kids to karate and stop by the store so we can have food in our house again.
I am going...To work on our annual Christmas letter. The goal is to be informative without being too long or "braggy". Our family picture is ordered and on the way and we just picked up the pictures I had done of the kids. Cute!
I am reading..."Little Men" on my Nook. I'm really enjoying it except for it's a "freebie" and so sometimes there are some misplaced characters or letters that need some creative deciphering. It's a sweet story.
I am hoping and praying...For a speedy recovery for a friend's sweet girl who is in the hospital with pneumonia. For a reasonably priced "fix" to our car. For guidance with this whole house thing. For a peaceful end to the semester (I can feel tensions rising with this craziness).
I am hearing...Yesterday I got to hear this sweet baby's heartbeat. I love that sound.
Around the house...I turned the heat up today because I just couldn't get the chill out. There isn't a lot to do around the house today. It's going to be a lazy day. I might regret that tomorrow, but I'm really looking forward to a quiet day.
A few plans for the rest of the week...I wish we only had a "few" plans for the rest of the week. This week, like last, Brett has an obligation every night. This means he gets home late and that we get to bed late because we really enjoy that "post kid in bed quiet" time to debrief and reconnect. Kids have karate tests this weekend and there is a concert we'll go to if we have a car by then. Being stuck at home for the next couple of days will be nice for me, but I think the extra running for Brett just might do him in.
A picture thought I'm sharing...We were out of bread and I have a bread loving family so I made some homemade bread one morning. I used to make all of our bread, but have been out of the habit for awhile. This recipe is great because you get three large loaves (or one large and 4 small...we ate one before I took this picture) and it's all done in an hour. I think I'll use this recipe more often. My regular recipe takes the better part of a day.

No comments: