
Our Advent Wreath this year. Every year I intend to buy our candles well ahead of time so that first Sunday of Advent doesn't pass us by. We even have a Catholic bookstore in the next town over where I'm sure I could have found those four lovely candles. But, once again it didn't happen. I had a great idea though. I still had a few things to order for our nephews so I hopped on Amazon and stuck some Advent candles in my cart. They would arrive mid-week, but by golly we would have them before the first week of Advent was over. But, the order was cancelled because the candles were "out of stock". My eldest and creative son decided to remedy the vacant spots where the candles should be. Good thing we served wine with Thanksgiving. We're missing week 3 because well...we haven't had any wine lately. And of course when I say "we" I mean Brett because my 1/16th of a glass that I allow myself on occasion when I'm pregnant doesn't really make a dent in the wine stash. Next year...I will have candles next year. I might even remember to light them, but I'll be happy if I at least have them.
1 comment:
This is very funny! What a creative Aidan you have! :) I have taken to buying taper candles for Advent at Walmart or Shopko, even if they're not quite the right shade... :)
You are a perfect friend. Just perfect. :)
Post a Comment