Friday, December 31, 2010

Taking the Gold

I've been feeling a little guilty about not exercising much this pregnancy. That, and the fact that I've consumed more coffee and Cherry Coke this pregnancy than I have in previous ones.

However, there is one activity that I do on a weekly basis that I believe makes up for the lack of dedication, or too much dedication, to the above. I change sheets. Every week. Every week the kids pull the sheets off of their beds, every week they take them down to the laundry room, and every week I wash and dry them. Then the real fun begins. I make up the beds in our home with fresh sheets.

This should be an Olympic sport. Pregnant or not, hauling myself up to make a loft bed, a top bunk bed, and then twisting and turning and contorting myself in all sorts of uncomfortable positions for the bottom bunk, and overextending everything in order to make the king size bed (mine, Brett's, and Veronica's of course) is more exercise than I could possibly get by training for a marathon. Okay, that last part is an exaggeration, but only a little one.

No comments: