Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm awake!

Staying at home with my kids has sure spoiled me. So has my amazing husband who wakes up and gets ready for work without disturbing my much-needed rest. Now, however, with two school aged kids, sleeping until the babe who is next to me wakes up is no longer feasible. We have a goal of starting school by 7:30am with our "ora time" (prayer time) so we can be finished at 11:00am when Brett walks across the street to eat lunch with us. This means that I have to get up an get moving!
This waking up thing hasn't been so bad. For one, I actually get to see my husband before he goes to work (he leaves early so he can practice before classes start in the morning). I also have time to throw a load of laundry in, straighten things up, and actually put a tiny bit of thought into my appearance.
The morning is not so horrible as I once thought. It feels good to get up and get the day started!

Good morning!!!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's inspiring! Of course, my hubby can't come home for lunch :( so we don't have that to try to finish before...but I know what you mean about getting going in the morning. Tomorrow is our First Day (!) and I made sure Josh brought me some coffee from the store today. Gotta be ready! I want to get up before them so they don't start ripping into the books before I can say "go." LOL

Anonymous said...

I think you are insane. I hate getting up and I have to actually leave my house to teach my little ones. Insane. Totally. I hate mornings. I need to teach night classes.