Poor Emma. She had a great afternoon playing in the leaves with everyone else, but then she just kept itching and itching and itching. I just figured she was itchy from the leaves and didn't think twice until we were at the Newman Center and I noticed she had red splotches on her hands. Well, on her hands, her arms, her neck, her back, her stomach, her you name it and she had a horrible warm, raised, red rash on it. :-( Poor gal.
We brought her home and put her in a bath with baking soda. Brett went to get some Benadryl from the store (which I *always* have on hand) while I read the kids books, and now they are all peacefully sleeping. Of course Emma had to smack her head against the bathroom door on the way out and then knock her knee on Brett's night stand as she crawled into our bed for book time. She was very happy the day was ending.
I have no idea what made Emma react. Maybe she's just allergic to something in the leaves. The only thing I can think of is that we have squirrels all over the place and they are always leaving their peanut shells all over our yard. As far as we know, Emma's allergy to peanuts would only be triggered if she actually consumed the nuts, but maybe there was enough peanut residue in the leaves to cause a reaction.
Of course what do I know, I'm not a "real" doctor (you know, like one that gets paid and can prescribe things), I just accurately diagnose people and all I have to show for it is a "hey, guess what Dr.Meghan...you were right again!". Gee, thanks. Oh, but I guess that's for another post entirely.
1 comment:
Oh poor Emma! Give her a big kiss from her aunt Jocie and uncle Jason and a huge hug from Lauren and Braden. What a poor little thing!!!
Post a Comment