Sunday, September 28, 2008

Loving the weekend

The weather has been absolutely perfect the past couple of days. Beautiful fall weather. On the warm side, with just a hint of coolness in the air. Refreshing!

Yesterday we spent the day running errands and getting some shopping done. I didn't realize how badly Emma needed clothes until a couple days in a row when I sent her upstairs after breakfast to get clothes on she came down empty handed. Oops! She's now all set for fall/winter and is super cute too (naturally).

After our crazy shopping morning we treated ourselves to some Wendy's frosties, and then went home to "watch" the WI/MI football game. Brett has an amazing talent for watching football...he must be able to know what's going on even if his eyes are closed.

Today was another wonderful family day. After Mass we spent a little bit of time straightening up the house and then went for a long walk on the trail. We've had a lot of rain and the kids were having a blast splashing through the puddles. Gianna opted for the stroller which meant we all got some good exercise. Ouch! I'm *not* 21 anymore (shhhh...don't tell anyone).

This evening was spent just hanging out. I helped Brett get some school stuff done, and then we put the kids to bed and had our date night. I love that we started this date night thing. It's something we look forward to every week. Aidan loves popping down (he's not usually asleep yet, just reading in bed) and "checking" on us. I love that he sees us making time for one another.

This week looks like it will go as fast as last week. We have something every day/night. Ugh. I am so thankful that we have our weekends together. Brett is literally a blur in the week. It's gotten to the point that he'll stand up or shift or something and Gigi automatically says, "Bye Daddy!". The times that he pops in for lunch or to get something are so special.

Until next time!

No comments: